Saturday, 28 November 2015

Cowichan Sweaters



Cowichan Indian Sweaters by 

Yvonne (Jack) Hauck

   Contact by Text Messages (250) 709-8607

(Serious Inquiries Only Please)

 The Cowichan Sweater takes time, patients, and skill.
We use Cowichan Coast Salish designs; killer whale, thunder bird, deer,
and snowflakes along with our own Cowichan Symbolism's.
I take special design orders – special sizes too.
Advance notice for Birthday or Christmas orders required.

Men’s and Women’s Sizes: Ex. Small, Small, Medium, Large, Ex-Large, XXL

I take international orders: phone for details.

My grandmother Helen Jimmy from Quamichan, 
Cowichan Valley raised me from infancy and she taught me 
how to knit, card, and spin wool.
The women from Cowichan Tribes Reserve have made 
Cowichan Indian Sweaters for many famous peoples, 
including King’s & Queens and Actors because our sweaters are unique, 
warm and durable. The designs are owned by families, and those 
designs are passed down from grandmother to granddaughter.








Women of Cowichan Tribes Reserve Knit Sweaters, even though the world
is moving faster, we card, tease, and spin the wool with our hands and use
cedar needles that are made specific in size by a carver from our
nation. Now, I have my own granddaughters, and pass on my knowledge, 
designs and skills to the next generation. 

Our families are important to us, and knitting is a part of our culture today.
Big industry, fashion designers and companies are stealing our designs, and mass producing imitation Cowichan Sweaters, causing a decline for Cowichan Knitters to make a sale. Big companies and fashion designers stole
business from Cowichan Women. 
Your business would be
appreciated. 

That is why I use blogging to market myself.
Selling a sweater helps me to help my family. Please keep in mind, the bigger
the sweater the more the wool costs.  I buy raw wool, card, spin and make into yarn. The cost varies according to size. 

In respect, Yvonne
Text me for costs and design; (250) 709-8607

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful sweaters. I will text you soon. Thanks. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These truly are beautiful sweaters and would love to have one myself. I understand the value of each one with the cost of material and above all the workmanship and time involved in creating a beautiful sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These truly are beautiful sweaters and would love to have one myself. I understand the value of each one with the cost of material and above all the workmanship and time involved in creating a beautiful sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its takes time, the knitters jump through hoops to get the wool, then its teased, carded, and spun...into the right texture..its worth the money to own one, because its durable, keeps you warm...

      Delete